1) will respect consumers’ rights and abide by, and comply with, all consumer legislation relative to their dealings with their clients;
2) shall provide clients with full and detailed information, including prices, on the range of funeral services available;
3) shall make available to clients price lists, Code of Practice and Funeral Arbitration Scheme leaflets and information about other services available, wherever the funeral arrangements are being made;
4) shall have on display in premises price lists and Code of Practice and Funeral Arbitration Scheme leaflets;
5) shall use best endeavours to ensure that the client understands the range of services offered, the prices and also any known disbursements, these being the fees to be paid on behalf of the client to doctors, ministers, cemetery or crematoria authorities and other third parties involved;
6) shall inform the client in writing, either at the time of making the arrangements or with the estimate, of the terms and conditions on which services will be provided. These terms and conditions must be drawn up in line with the Unfair Terms and Consumer Contracts Regulations;
7) shall give guidance to the client with regard to registration of the death and the availability of relevant Government benefits.